As with anything new, understanding weed can be overwhelming. It’s important to have a good understanding of what it is, how it works, and the various kinds of weed you can get. If you’re just starting to find out more about marijuana, this beginners guide to understanding weed is here to help you get up to speed. We’ll cover the basics of what bud is, the different types available, and the best ways to use it safely. Once you’re done looking through this ultimate guide, you’ll have a better understanding of weed and be able to make better decisions for yourself.
Let’s float on in…
What is Weed?
Weed is a type of plant that has various medicinal and recreational uses. It is typically made up of the dried flowers, leaves, and stems of the cannabis plant. It contains a chemical compound known as THC, which is responsible for its effects on the brain. Weed can produce a range of effects, including relaxation and increased happiness. It is also used to treat various medical conditions, such as chronic pain, nausea, and inflammation.
Why is Weed Popular?
Da herb has become increasingly popular again over the last few years, after it was last outlawed in 1928. It has long been used by our ancestors for its medicinal and recreational purposes. In recent years, the acceptance of weed has increased as more countries legalize its use around the world. People who use weed often report feeling relaxed, happy, and having an increase in creativity. It has also been used to help people with conditions such as chronic pain, nausea, and inflammation. As more research is conducted into the effects of weed, it has become more accepted in the mainstream. People use weed to help relieve stress, to enhance their creativity, and to treat medical conditions. Weed is becoming increasingly popular and accepted, and it is likely that it will become even more so in the future.
Types of Hemp
- Taller plants with thinner leaves, usually providing a more energetic and uplifting effect.
- Shorter plants with broader leaves, typically providing a more relaxed and calming effect.
- A combination of both Sativa and Indica strains, offering users various combinations of effects.
- Cannabis-infused food or drink products, providing a more discreet and convenient way to consume Cannabis and without the need to smoke it if you haven’t smoked before or are concerned about the effects of smoking over the long term.
- Refers to a variety of cannabis products that are highly potent, such as wax, rosin, hash and oil.
- Cannabis-infused lotions, balms, and other products that are applied directly to the skin.
Sativa strains are known for providing uplifting and energetic effects. Sativas are typically taller plants with thin leaves and are often used to increase energy and creativity. Common effects associated with Sativas include euphoria, increased alertness and focus, and creativity. Some popular Sativa strains are Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze, and Sour Diesel.
Indica strains are known for providing more relaxed and calming effects. These strains are typically shorter plants with broad leaves and are often used to help with relaxation, stress relief, and improved sleep. Common effects associated with Indicas include relief from pain, stress, anxiety, and insomnia. Some popular Indica strains are Granddaddy Purple, Northern Lights, and Blueberry.
Hybrid strains are a combination of both Sativa and Indica genetics, and are often used to provide a balance of effects. Hybrids are created to produce a unique combination of effects, depending on the particular strain. Some popular Hybrid strains are Pineapple Express, Girl Scout Cookies, and White Widow.
Sativa vs. Indica
You’ll hear dope enthusiasts referring to these all the time so get your education down below:
Sativa and Indica are two varieties of Cannabis with different characteristics and effects. Sativa strains are known for providing uplifting and energetic effects, while Indica strains are known for providing sedating and calming effects. When choosing a strain, it is important to consider the effects you are looking for. Sativas are often used to increase energy and creativity, while Indicas are often used to provide relief from pain, stress, anxiety, and insomnia.
Hybrids are created to provide a balance of effects, depending on the particular strain. Like people do, we’ve been playing around with genetics and testing crop on ourselves for decades – All in the name of science… Riiiight xD
How Do People Use Weed ?
Cannabis can be consumed in a variety of ways, from smoking and vaping to ingesting edibles and even applying topical products. Each of these methods provides different effects that vary in intensity and duration. In this section (aaaaaah), we’ll cover the different ways of ingesting cannabis so that you can explore the best options available.
Smoking & Vaping
Smoking and vaping are the most common and traditional methods of consuming cannabis. Smoking involves burning dried cannabis flower and inhaling the smoke, while vaping involves heating cannabis oil or flower in a vaporizer and inhaling the vapor. Both methods provide almost immediate effects and the effects typically last for a few hours. Smoking and vaping are a great option for those who want a fast delivery system.
Edibles are cannabis-infused food or drink products, providing a more discreet and convenient way to consume cannabis. Because your body metabolizes the THC when you eat it, the effects of edibles can take up to two hours to kick in and can last up to 8 hours. Because of the delayed onset and long-lasting effects, edibles are a good option for those who want extended effects and don’t want to smoke or vape.
Reported Health Benefits of Cannabis
Cannabis has long been known to have medicinal properties, and modern research is now providing evidence of its potential health benefits. Studies have shown that cannabis can help with a variety of health problems, including chronic pain, insomnia, anxiety, depression, nausea, and inflammation. Cannabis has also been found to have anti-cancer properties, helping to reduce the size of certain tumors and reduce pain and nausea in cancer patients. Additionally, cannabis has been found to help with neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Finally, cannabis has been found to be beneficial for mental health conditions, including PTSD and bipolar disorder.
In addition to its medicinal properties, cannabis also has a range of therapeutic benefits. Research has found that cannabis can help with relaxation, stress relief, and improving mood. It has also been found to help with concentration and focus, making it an effective treatment for ADD/ADHD. Additionally, cannabis may help with improving sleep quality.
The potential health benefits of cannabis are vast and varied, and while research is still ongoing, there is a growing body of evidence suggesting that cannabis can be used to treat a variety of health conditions. However, it is important to remember that cannabis can have potential side effects and it is important to consult a doctor before using cannabis for any medical condition.
Cannabis has been found to have a range of mental health benefits. Studies have shown that cannabis can help with a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, PTSD and bipolar disorder. Additionally, cannabis can help with relaxation and stress relief, as well as improving mood and focus. It has also been found to help improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia. Furthermore, cannabis can help reduce the symptoms of ADD/ADHD, allowing for improved concentration and focus. Finally, cannabis can act as an effective antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication, helping to reduce symptoms of mental health conditions. All of these benefits make cannabis a powerful tool in treating a variety of mental health issues.
Cannabis has a range of potential physical health benefits. Research has found that cannabis can help with chronic pain, insomnia, nausea, inflammation, and neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Additionally, cannabis has been found to have anti-cancer properties, helping to reduce the size of certain tumors and reduce pain and nausea in cancer patients. Moreover, it has been found to have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties, helping to reduce inflammation and protect nerve cells. Finally, cannabis has been shown to have anticonvulsant properties, helping to reduce seizures. Therefore, cannabis can be an effective treatment for a variety of physical health issues.
- Start slow and low – If you’re new to the cannabis ecosystems, it’s important to take it slow and start off with a small dose. This will help you to get an idea of your own personal tolerance and avoid any potential adverse effects.
- Choose the right strain – Cannabis comes in a variety of different strains, each of which have their own unique effects. Therefore, it’s important to choose the right strain for your particular needs. That being said, there is a saying that goes, “strains for brains”, meaning, we each have a unique brain shaped by many factors over the course of our lives so our responses to different strains are quite personal. You’ll need to try a bunch of different strains to learn what your preferences are.
- Know your limits – It’s important to know your own personal limits and not overdo it. Too much cannabis can lead to side effects such as anxiety, paranoia, and confusion. It’s not fun calling an ambulance on yourself and freaking people out because you’ve convinced yourself that you’re having a heart attack.
- Eat before you consume – It’s important to eat before you consume cannabis, as this can help to reduce the intensity of its effects. Use this as the baseline for your dosage and be warned! You’ve heard the term “wake and bake”? Well, not on your first few times around.
- Stay safe – Cannabis is generally safe to consume, but it’s important to make sure you’re in a safe environment before using it. Additionally, it’s important to never drive under the influence of cannabis. Take the same precautions you would if you were drinking on a cheeky school night outing.
- Educate yourself – It’s important to educate yourself about cannabis and any potential unwanted side effects before consuming it. This will help you to make informed decisions about its use.
In conclusion, cannabis is a powerful tool that can be desirable for both mental and physical health. It can be used to treat a variety of mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and chronic stress, as well as natural health issues such as chronic pain, insomnia, and inflammation. However, it is important to always follow best practices when consuming cannabis, such as starting slow and low, choosing the right strain, knowing your limits, eating before consumption, staying safe, and educating yourself. With the right knowledge and use, cannabis can be a valuable tool in improving your overall health and well-being.
What We Covered
This article provided an overview of cannabis and its potential benefits for mental and physical health. It outlined best practices for consuming cannabis, such as starting slow and low, choosing the right strain, knowing your limits, eating before consumption, staying safe, and educating yourself. Additionally, we chatted about the various ways in which cannabis can help to treat mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and chronic stress, as well as physical health issues such as chronic pain, insomnia, and inflammation.
…Tends to grass